Monday, September 9, 2013

Coca y Yarina

I have arrived in Coca! My keyboard is not fully functional, so please excuse any grammar oddities. This may be my last entry for a week or so.

It is different from what it was in my memory. The town is bigger and better developed; the forest around the town is much less. It is the tropics, though, and the music and color and life is all as present as ever. I am staying in the Hotel Oasis thanks to the kind graces of one Fernando and family, to board a boat to reach Yarina tomorrow morning. With this final step it has finally hit me what a different world I have entered.

Nervous excitement like I have never had. I hope I will be able to do something positive and really different for the Lodge with my time here. Thanks to everyone who helped me get to this point! I will try to keep in touch regularly.

Cheers, 
La chica de buhos

No comments:

Post a Comment